The Gardens of Lake Alfred
Senior Living Community
THE GARDENS OF LAKE ALFRED JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Housekeeper
Department: Environmental Services
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Supervisor: Housekeeping Supervisor
The Housekeeper is responsible for the cleanliness and neatness of assigned apartments and common areas.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Performs general housekeeping duties in apartments, such as: vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms and kitchens, and dusting of all cleared flat surfaces.
2. Performs general housekeeping duties of hallways and common areas as directed by supervisor.
3. Accomplishes all work in the order of priority set by supervisor.
1. Maintains all equipment and supplies in proper condition.
2. Attends in-service training and education sessions, as assigned.
3. Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
4. Maintains resident confidentiality at all times.
The Gardens of Lake Alfred fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
1. We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
2. We treat everyone with courteous respect.
3. We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
4. We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
5. We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
6. We embrace and value our differences.
7. We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
8. We ask, “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
9. We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, always.
10. We pay attention to details.
1. Ability to understand and follow instructions in English and communicate effectively. Previous housekeeping experience preferred but not required.
2. Ability to lift 30 pounds.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Moderate to heavy physical effort 95% of the work day. Must be able to stand and walk long distances up to 8 hours per day. Must be able to stoop and work from a kneeling position, perform repetitive bending, reaching and stretching. Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. independently. Must be able to push and/or pull wheeled carts and equipment weighing up to 100 lbs. over tiled and carpeted surfaces over long distances. Must be able to operate a vacuum, work in confined spaces around furniture and breakable objects, and have constant contact with residents. May be exposed to communicable diseases including influenza, HIV and Hepatitis. May be exposed to unpleasant odors, high heat levels, and institutional cleaning chemicals.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org