1. Prepares therapeutic desserts and salads as required.
2. Serves meals in an Assisted Living Community dining room and room delivery.
3. Sets up tables in the health center dining room and breaks down same after meal.
4. Delivers meals for residents in the community.
1. Maintains station equipment and work area in safe and sanitary condition.
2. Maintains acceptable standards of personal hygiene and complies with department dress code.
3. Attends in-service training and education sessions as assigned.
4. Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
The Gardens of Lake Alfred fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
We treat everyone with courteous respect.
We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
We embrace and value our differences.
We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
We pay attention to details
1. Ability to understand and follow instructions in English, communicate effectively, and perform simple arithmetic. Ability to understand measurements and conversions.
2. Previous experience in nursing home food service preferred.
3. Ability to plan and organize work, set up trays and plates in accordance with diet orders and interpret specifications and standards.
4. Ability to work in close cooperation with residents, guests, visitors, families, supervisor and peers. Requires empathy for the elderly.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Works indoors; must be able to stand/walk for 100% of the work day; must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. independently; must be able to push and pull tray/bus/transport carts weighing up to 50 lbs. independently; must be able to bend, stoop, reach, and balance frequently throughout the work day. May be exposed to extreme temperatures from the ovens and freezers. Must be able to see, hear, and speak. May be exposed to industrial cleaning chemicals, communicable diseases including the HIV and Hepatitis B virus, and offensive odors.
I have read my Job Description. I understand the information contained in the Job Description. I further understand that this Job Description is not intended and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, skills, efforts or PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORKING CONDITIONS associated with my job. I may be required to perform additional tasks necessary to meet standards of care and service.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com