(a) A family care home shall provide care and services in accordance with the resident’s care plan.
(b) The facility shall assure referral and follow-up to meet the routine and acute health care needs of residents.
(c) The facility shall assure documentation of the following in the resident’s record:
(1) facility contacts with the resident’s physician, physician service, other licensed health professional, including mental health professional, when illnesses or accidents occur and any other facility contacts with a physician or licensed health professional regarding resident care;
(2) all visits of the resident to or from the resident’s physician, physician service or other licensed health professional, including mental health professional, of which the facility is aware.
(3) written procedures, treatments or orders from a physician or other licensed health professional; and
(4) implementation of procedures, treatments or orders specified in Subparagraph (c)(3) of this Rule.
(d) The following shall apply to the resident’s physician or physician service:
(1) The resident or the resident’s responsible person shall be allowed to choose a physician or physician service to attend the resident.
(2) When the resident cannot remain under the care of the chosen physician or physician service, the facility shall assure that arrangements are made with the resident or responsible person for choosing and securing another physician or physician service within 45 days or prior to the signing of the care plan as required in Rule .0802 of this Subchapter.