(1) The governing body of each personal care home shall obtain a valid permit or provisional permit
from the Department prior to beginning operation. To be eligible for a permit the home must be in
compliance with these rules and regulations.
(2) The permit shall be displayed in a conspicuous place on the premises.
(3) Permits are not transferable from one home to another.
(4) A permit shall no longer be valid and shall be returned to the Department when the home ceases to
operate, is moved to another location, the ownership changes, the governing body is significantly
changed, or the permit is suspended or revoked.
(5) A permit shall be required for each home located on different premises where more than one home
is operated under the same governing body.
(6) The permit shall state a maximum number of residents who may receive care at that location. No
personal care home shall offer its services to more residents than its permitted capacity.
(7) A home which fails to comply with these rules and regulations shall be subject to the sanctions
available to the Department pursuant to O.C.G.A. § 31-2-11, including but not limited to denial or
revocation of its provisional permit or permit by the Department.