194A.452 Legend Drug Repository Program to be established — Purpose —
Permitted donations — Voluntary participation — Handling fee — Distribution.
(1) The Cabinet for Health and Family Services shall establish and maintain a legend
drug repository program to support the donation of a legend drug or supplies needed
to administer a legend drug for use by an individual who meets the eligibility
criteria specified by an administrative regulation promulgated by the cabinet. The
repository program shall not accept any controlled substance.
(2) Donations may be made on the premises of a health facility or pharmacy that elects
to participate in the program and meets requirements specified by the cabinet by an
administrative regulation promulgated by the cabinet.
(3) The health facility may charge a handling fee to an individual who received a legend
drug or supplies under the program established under this section, except that the
fee shall not exceed the amount established by an administrative regulation
promulgated by the cabinet.
(4) A health facility or pharmacy that receives a donated legend drug under this section
may distribute the legend drug or supplies to another eligible health facility or
pharmacy for use under the program created under this section.
(5) Nothing in this section or KRS 194A.454 shall require a health facility, pharmacy,
pharmacist, or practitioner to participate in the program established in this section.