39-947a. Informal dispute resolution; written request; procedure.
- Upon receipt of a statement of deficiencies, an adult care home administrator may within 10 calendar days after receipt of a statement make a written request to the secretary for aging and disability services for informal dispute resolution by an independent review panel. The administrator may make one request for informal dispute resolution per inspection to dispute any deficiencies with which such administrator disagrees. The informal dispute resolution may be based upon the statement of deficiencies and any other materials submitted; however, the department shall provide the administrator with a face to face informal dispute resolution meeting upon request by the administrator.
- A written request for informal dispute resolution shall:
- State the specific deficiencies being disputed;
- provide a detailed explanation of the basis for the dispute; and
- include any supporting documentation, including any information that was not available at the time of the inspection.
(c) Upon receipt of the written request provided for in subsection (a), the secretary for aging and disability services shall appoint a panel of three persons to compose the independent review panel. One member shall be an employee from the Kansas department for aging and disability services adult care home survey unit, provided that the individual did not participate in the survey in dispute. Two members shall be appointed from outside of the survey unit and may be employees of the Kansas department for aging and disability services, or a health care professional or consumer not employed by the Kansas department for aging and disability services.
- A request for informal dispute resolution shall not delay the timely correction of any deficiency. A facility may not seek a delay of any enforcement action against it on the grounds that the informal dispute resolution has not been completed before the effective date of the enforcement action. Any decision or proposed resolution of the independent review panel shall be advisory to the secretary of aging.*
- Costs of the panel including traveling expenses and other expenses of the review shall be paid by the Kansas department for aging and disability services.
- The secretary for aging and disability services shall by rules and regulations implement the provisions of this section.
- This act shall be a part of and supplemental to the adult care home licensure act. History: L. 2004, ch. 162, § 1; L. 2014, ch. 115, § 137; July 1.
Reference should be to the secretary for aging and disability services.