39-954. Application for receiver; order appointing; qualifications of persons designated and method of selection, rules and regulations.
- The secretary for aging and disability services, the owner of an adult care home, or the person licensed to operate an adult care home may file an application with the district court for an order appointing the secretary for aging and disability services or the designee of the secretary as receiver to operate an adult care home whenever:
(1) Conditions exist in the adult care home that are life threatening or endangering to the residents of the adult care home;
(2) the adult care home is insolvent; or
(3) the secretary for aging and disability services has issued an order revoking the license of the adult care home.
- The secretary for aging and disability services may adopt rules and regulations setting forth the necessary qualifications of persons to be designated receivers and a method for selecting designees.
History: L. 1978, ch. 162, § 1; L. 1985, ch. 151, § 1; L. 2003, ch. 149, § 19; L. 2014, ch. 115, § 143; July 1.