39-963. Termination of receivership; circumstances; accounting and disposition of money; court orders for recovery of certain expenses and costs.
- The court shall terminate the receivership only under any of the following circumstances:
(1) Twenty-four months after the date on which the receivership was ordered;
(2) a new license, other than the license granted to the receiver under K.S.A. 39-958, and amendments thereto, has been granted to operate the adult care home; or
(3) at such time as all of the residents in the adult care home have been provided alternative modes of health care, either in another adult care home or otherwise.
- (1) At the time of termination of the receivership, the receiver shall render a full and complete accounting to the district court and shall make disposition of surplus money at the direction of the district court.
(2) The court may make such additional orders as are appropriate to recover the expenses and costs to the Kansas department for aging and disability services and the secretary for children and families incurred pursuant to K.S.A. 39-960 or 39-961, and amendments thereto.
History: L. 1978, ch. 162, § 10; L. 1984, ch. 158, § 3; L. 2003, ch. 149, § 22; L. 2014, ch. 115, § 147; July 1.