The staff entrusted to care for seniors in an ARCP are an integral part of the facility and must be given the tools to be successful in their positions, which ultimately leads to superior resident care and satisfaction. Before we get into the meat of what is required by the DHH check out the general provisions below:
Requirements Related to Staff, Record-Keeping and Incident Reports
- 6863. General Provisions
- The ARCP shall have qualified staff sufficient in number to meet the scheduled and unscheduled needs of residents and to respond in emergency situations.
- Sufficient direct care staff shall be employed or contracted to ensure the provision of personal assistance as required by the resident’s PCSP.
- Additional staff shall be employed as necessary to perform office work, cooking, house cleaning, laundering, and maintenance of buildings, equipment, and grounds.
- A staff member trained in the use of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and first aid shall be on duty at all times.
- Staff shall have sufficient communication and language skills to enable them to perform their duties and interact effectively with residents and staff.
- The ARCP shall maintain a current work schedule for all employees showing actual coverage for each 24-hour day.
- Criminal history checks and offers of employment shall be completed in accordance with R.S. 40:1203.2.