WAC 388-78A-2360 Adult day services. (1) The assisted living facility may, but is not required to, provide an adult day services program for nonresidents.
(2) If adult day services are provided, the assisted living facility must:
- Ensure each adult day services client receives appropriate supervision and agreed upon care and services during the time spent in the day services program;
- Ensure the care and services provided to adult day services clients do not compromise the care and services provided to assisted living facility residents;
- Ensure the total number of residents plus adult day services clients does not exceed the assisted living facility’s maximum facility capacity;
- Only accept adult day services clients who are appropriate for assisted living facility care and services, consistent with WAC 388-78A-2050;
- Provide sufficient furniture for the comfort of day services clients, in addition to furniture provided for residents;
- Notify appropriate individuals specified in the client’s re-cord and consistent with WAC 388-78A-2640 when there is a significant change in the condition of an adult day services client;
- Investigate and document incidents and accidents involving adult day services clients consistent with WAC 388-78A-2700;
- Maintain a separate register of adult day services clients; and
- Maintain a record for each adult day services client.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 18.20 RCW. WSR 13-13-063, § 388-78A-2360, filed 6/18/13, effective 7/19/13. Statutory Authority: RCW 18.20.090. WSR 06-01-047, § 388-78A-2360, filed 12/15/05, effective 1/15/06. Statutory Authority: RCW 18.20.090 (2004 c 142 § 19) and chapter 18.20 RCW. WSR 04-16-065, § 388-78A-2360, filed 7/30/04, effective 9/1/04.]
WAC 388-78A-2361 Project and operations functional program. (1) The facility must develop and document their functional programing, under WAC 388-78A-2852, during the project development and planning process. This document must inform the design process and be provided to the department of health construction review services consistent with WAC 388-78A-2852 for use in review of the construction project documents and preoccupancy survey. This document must identify and describe, as applicable:
- Services offered, whether intermittent nursing services or contract care services under chapter 388-110 WAC;
- Number of residents served under contract care services, as applicable;
- The care needs of the population served, to include but not limited to dementia, cognitive and developmental disability, mental health, bariatric needs, safety risks, security, resident rights, and dignity of memory care residents;
- Circulation patterns;
- Special locking or other security measures;
- Room use, required resources, and systems to include inter-mittent nursing services that will take place in the resident unit;
- Consideration of and mitigation for risks associated with:
- Operational infection control;
- Resident mobility and falls;
- Elopement and security;(iv) Medication services; and (v) Staff injury.
(2) The facility may maintain an operational functional program to document considerations and decisions related to resident needs and the maintenance or modifications to the physical environment as necessary to demonstrate compliance with performance based expectations of this chapter. This document may be used to evaluate conditions of the built environment for appropriateness to the population served and must document circumstances where facility policy and procedure are implemented in lieu of, or in support of, changes to the built environment.
[Statutory Authority: Chapters 18.20 and 74.39A RCW. WSR 20-02-104, § 388-78A-2361, filed 12/31/19, effective 1/31/20.]