Are residents allowed to work in the community?
There may be a time when you have a more independent resident who would be like to participate in the duties of a staff member. This may be a mutually beneficial situation. The resident can find some type of purpose and be engaged while working within the community and you can have a dedicated person to perform needed responsibilities:
22VAC40-73-230. Staff duties performed by residents.
- Any resident who performs any staff duties shall meet the personnel and health requirements for that position.
- There shall be a written agreement between the facility and any resident who performs staff duties.
- The agreement shall specify duties, hours of work, and compensation.
- The agreement shall not be a condition for admission or continued residence.
- The resident shall enter into such an agreement voluntarily.