The facility must meet the dietary needs of the residents and provide dietary services in conformance with the North Dakota sanitary requirements for food establishments. Dietary services must include:
- A minimum of three meals each Meals must be nutritious and well-balanced in accordance with the recommended dietary allowances of the food and nutrition board of the national research council, national academy of sciences.
- No more than a fourteen-hour span may exist between an evening meal and
- Snacks between meals and in the evening. These snacks must be listed on the daily menu. Vending machines may not be the only source of
- Provisions for prescribed diets, if the facility accepts or retains individuals in need of such diets.
- The facility shall provide for preparation and serving of prescribed
- Menus for prescribed diets must be planned and reviewed as needed by a professional consistent with North Dakota Century Code chapter 43-44.
- Menus of food served, which must be kept for at least three
- Preparation of food by methods that will conserve nutritive value and enhance flavor and appearance, and be served at the proper temperatures and in a form to meet individual
- Meals must be served to all residents in a dining room, except for residents with a temporary illness.