NAC 449.016 License and renewal fees to operate skilled nursing facility, hospital, rural hospital, intermediate care facilities, residential facility for
groups, facility for treatment of abuse of alcohol or drugs, facility for hospice care, home for individual residential care, facility for modified medical
detoxification and community triage center; expiration of application for license. (NRS 439.150, 439.200, 449.0302, 449.050, 449.249)
1. Except as otherwise provided in NAC 449.0168, an applicant for a license to operate any of the following facilities must pay to the Division the following
(f) Except as otherwise provided in subsection 4, a residential facility for groups – $2,400 plus $184 per bed.
2. An applicant for the renewal of such a license must pay to the Division the following nonrefundable fees:
(f) Except as otherwise provided in subsection 4, a residential facility for groups which has 11 beds or more – $1,182 plus $92 perbed.
(g) Except as otherwise provided in subsection 5, a residential facility for groups which has less than 11 beds – $1,085 plus $92 perbed.
3. An applicant for a license or for the renewal of a license for a residential facility for groups shall pay a fee of $35 for each bed in the facility if
the facility is paid less than $1,000 per month for services provided to each bed in the facility.
4. An application for a license is valid for 1 year after the date on which the application issubmitted. If an applicant does not meet the requirements for licensure
imposed by chapter 449 of NRS or the regulations adopted pursuant thereto within 1 year after the date on which he submits his application, he must submit
a new application and pay the required fee to be considered for licensure.
NAC 449.0164 Fees for renewal of licenses for certain facilities: Payment in two equal installments. An applicant for the renewal of a license for a residential
facility for groups, a halfway house for recovering alcohol and drug abusers, a home for individual residential care or a facility for transitional living for
released offenders may pay the fee required for the renewal of his license in two equal installments if:
1. On or before November 1 of the calendar year in which his license expires, he submits a complete application for the renewal of the license
which includes, without limitation:
(a) The first installment payment which is equal to one-half the amount of the fee required for the renewal of the license pursuant to NAC 449.013
or 449.016, as appropriate;
(b) An additional fee of $100 for the administrative costs of billing and collecting such payments; and
(c) A signed payment agreement and a confession of judgment for the total amount of the second installment payment which may be filed with a court
of competent jurisdiction, if he fails to make the second installment payment in accordance with the agreement;
2. On or before April 15 of the calendar year for which the license is renewed, he submits the second installment payment for the remainder of the
fee required for the renewal of the license pursuant to NAC 449.013 or 449.016, as appropriate; and
3. He has not failed to make a payment in accordance with any other similar agreement.
Fees for modification of certain licenses.
1. Except as otherwise provided in subsection 2, a holder of a license to operate a medical facility, facility for the dependent, program of hospice care
or referral agency who wishes or is required pursuant to NAC 449.190, 449.307, 449.7473 or 449.758 to modify his license to reflect:
(a) A change in the name of the facility, program or agency;
(b) A change of the administrator of the facility, program or agency;
(c) A change in the number of beds in the facility;
(d) A change in the type of facility licensed or the addition of another type of facility to be licensed;
(e) A change in the category of residents who may reside at the facility;
(f) A change in the designation of a staging area for a mobile unit or, if the mobile unit is operated by an independent facility, a change in the address of
the independent facility; or
(g) A change in any of the services provided by an agency to provide nursing in the home, must submit an application for a new license to the Division and
pay to the Division a fee of $250.
2. An applicant who applies for a license pursuant to paragraph (c) of subsection 1 because of an increase in the number of beds in the facility must pay
to the Division:
(a) A fee of $250; and
(b) A fee for each additional bed asfollows:
(2) Except as otherwise provided in subparagraph (3), if the facility is a residential facility for groups – $184 per bed.