126.96.36.199 FIRE EXTINGUISHERS: Fire extinguisher(s) must be located in the facility, as approved by the state fire marshal or the fire prevention authority with jurisdiction.
- Facilities must as a minimum have two (2) 2A10BC fire extinguishers:
(1) one (1) extinguisher located in the kitchen or food preparation area;
(2) one (1) extinguisher centrally located in the facility;
(3) all fire extinguishers shall be inspected yearly and recharged as needed; all fire extinguishers must be tagged noting the date of the inspection;
(4) the maximum distance between fire extinguishers shall be fifty (50) feet.
- Fire extinguishers, alarm systems, automatic detection equipment and other firefighting equipment shall be properly maintained and inspected as recommended by the manufacturer, state fire marshal, or the local fire authority.
[188.8.131.52 NMAC – Rp, 184.108.40.206 NMAC, 1/15/2010]