Family Extended Care of Sarasota – A Family Extended Care Community
Supervise and participate in the day-to-day coordination of care of the community, to ensure residents’ needs are met. Ensures residents are treated with respect and dignity and ensures quality care as resident’s healthcare needs change.
· Ensures consistent quality resident care and service delivery; this may require participating in the role and responsibilities of a Care Associate in order to meet the residents’ needs and staffing requirements.
· Supervision of Care Associates.
· Nursing duties as assigned
· Follow the appropriate skin checks, ADL’s, cart audits, insulin service, care plans, etc..
· Provides training and education to Care Associates on an ongoing basis to include classroom in-services and situation-specific training.
· Assist in the maintenance of resident charts and review of documentation performed by care giving staff.
· Assists in assessing the health, functional, and psycho social status of residents. Initiates individualized Personal Service Plans and proactively manages care and services for each resident. Evaluates the effectiveness and maximizes the resident’s opportunity to remain in their environment.
· Ensures and conducts Personal Service Plan reviews and updates, according to Family Extended Care and state requirements, to ensure residents’ service needs are met.
· Assists in the achievement of occupancy goals by monitoring the health, safety and well-being of residents, proactively identifying those at risk for move out. Implements timely problem solving.
· Oversees the continuity and consistency of medication training, pharmacy management and medication supervision and/or administration in the community. Conducts periodic Care Associate medication observations, and periodic medication audits per Family Extended Care Guidelines.
· Implements and maintains Family Extended Care’s operating standards, systems and processes.
· Assists in the scheduling and follow through of physician visits including, but not limited to, dental appointments, eye appointments, therapy, and hospice both in house and scheduled visits out of the community. Ensures communication, as appropriate, on the results of these visits.
· Completes documentation as required by Family Extended Care or state regulatory agencies.
· Communicates information in a timely manner to the appropriate person or agency regarding changes in residents’ health/well-being, personal needs, risk management issues, customer service issues, family or outside health care provider concerns.
· Participates in community events, including family and social functions.
· Shares on-call and Manager on Duty responsibilities/shifts as required.
· Conducts tours for potential residents
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org