Website Hampton Manor of Punta Gorda
Where loving, dignified care is not the goal; it’s the standard.
We are looking for a detail-oriented dietary aide to assist our dieticians in devising healthy, nutritious meal plans for patients and residents in assisted living and nursing homes. The dietary aide’s responsibilities include guiding people according to their dietary requirements and their wish to lose or gain weight, helping prepare healthy food, helping with cleaning and maintaining kitchens and dining areas, delivering food to residents, and taking and maintaining kitchen stock. The dietary aide will work to ensure that patients receive food that is safe for them to eat and that meets their individual nutrition guidelines.
· Preparing individual dietary menus based on patients’ medical conditions, physical health, preferences, and distastes.
· Assisting with meal preparation and serving.
· Inspecting special diet trays to ensure they comply with the dietary restrictions.
· Monitoring patients’ eating habits and reporting problems with swallowing, chewing, or loss of appetite.
· Assisting the Cook with determining kitchen supplies and stock for the day, as well as checking and maintaining stock levels.
· Assisting with cleaning duties in the kitchen and dining areas.
· Maintaining current knowledge of recent health food trends and cooking techniques.
· A high school diploma or equivalent.
· Excellent cooking skills and the ability to successfully operate cooking equipment.
· The ability to comply with sanitation regulations.
· The ability to walk or stand for long periods of time
Good communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills.
· Strong computer and organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to follow instructions.
**Must be able to pass a level 2 background screening **
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com