Website The Crossings at Riverview
Join us on our Mission!Our company philosophy is compassion first. While that might sound simple, it is in fact the basic principle that guides every decision we make, it is communicated to every employee we hire and it is demonstrated with every resident that we have been entrusted to care for.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB.
The Resident Aide is responsible for providing safe and professional care for residents. The Aide assists residents with personal care, nutrition, ambulation, housekeeping, and medications.
• Is knowledgeable of resident rights and ensures an atmosphere which allows for the privacy, dignity and well-being of all residents in a safe, secure environment
• Supports and cooperates with specific procedures and programs for:
• Safety, including universal precautions and safe work practices, established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management, and security, report and/or correct unsafe working conditions, equipment repair and maintenance needs
• Confidentiality of all data including resident, employee and operations data
• Quality Improvement and compliance with all regulatory requirements
• Compliance with current law and policy to provide a work environment free from sexual harassment and all illegal discriminatory behavior
• Supports and participates in common teamwork:
• Cooperates and works together with all co-workers
• Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations
• Follows up as appropriate with supervisor, co-workers or residents regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns
• Completes requirements for in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress codes including personal hygiene, and other work duties as assigned
KR Management is an EOE/DFWP employer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
• Assist residents with personal hygiene and grooming once a week, or as needed. This includes: bathing, toileting, hair care, mouth care, skin care and nail care.
• Assist with ambulation on all shifts. Escort residents to and from the dining room, activity room, patio, transportation center, etc.
• Assist residents with meals and snacks
• Oversee meal attendance, making sure residents come to meals.
• Set up and clean dining area, serve meals, and deliver meal trays to the residents’ apartment as needed
• Perform housekeeping duties daily, including: making resident’s beds in the morning, turning down beds in the evening, hang up clothes, assist with laundry duties as needed, etc.
• Maintain clean and hazard free working areas, including nursing stations
• Supervise, document and distribute medications to residents
• Accurately record residents’ self-administration of medication on the Medication Supervision Record
• Document and report significant information or changes in a resident’s condition to the Director of Nursing
• Answer phones courteously and check voicemails ensuring that issues are addressed and responded to in a timely manner
• Complete progress reports for assisted living residents on a daily basis (or as needed)
• Know the facilities disaster and fire safety policies and procedures, including the location and correct use of the fire alarm system
• Assist with emergencies for all residents in the building
• Perform emergency procedures such as Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and report accidents or incidents to your supervisor in a timely manner
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com