Website The Oasis at Coral Reef
luxury senior living for assisted living and memory care options
Supervises employees engaged in food service in the facility. Maintains cleanliness of food service areas and equipment by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities include the following: (Note: Other duties may be assigned.)
1. Develops and maintains departmental policy and procedure manual, job descriptions and work assignments.
2. Assigns and coordinates work for food service personnel to promote efficiency and productivity.
3. Coordinates menu planning, supervises food purchasing, storage, and preparation and prepares meals to conserve nutritive value, flavor, appearance and quality.
4. Supervises the receiving, storage and distribution of food and supplies.
5. Develops the departmental staff education plan and conducts in-service training for personnel.
6. Develops the direct implementation of work standards, sanitation procedures, and personal hygiene requirements consistent with County, State federal regulations.
7. Hires, orients, disciplines and terminates Food Service department employees as needed.
8. Maintains appropriate documentation of orientation and training, warning notices required in services and health requirements.
9. Makes rounds at meal times to assess appropriateness of food service presentation, delivery and makes changes as needed.
10. Maintains required work assignments, meal menus, cleaning schedules, duty roster and quality assurance.
11. Develops departmental budget, maintain control of food and labor costs, and conduct inventory control system.
12. Maintains a file of standardized recipes adjusted to the proper yield.
13. Ensures proper maintenance of equipment in cooperation with administration.
14. Maintains disaster food supplies and menus.
15. Participates in mandatory meetings and conferences.
16. Coordinates individual resident’s diets with respect to needs, preferences, diagnosis, related therapies and treatments, and seeks possible solutions to providing an acceptable regime.
17. Assign and coordinate work of food service personnel to promote efficiency and productivity.
18. Recommend and maintain supply of special nourishments and food supplements based on resident population needs, and monitor resident acceptance.
19. Maintain essential records.
a. Work assignments
b. Meal census
c. Menu changes
d. Cleaning schedules
e. Duty Roster
f. Quality Assurance
20. Work Manager on Duty (MOD) shifts
Responsible for all food services personnel.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
1. Experience in banquet style cooking and management capabilities.
2. Interest in long term care, geriatric or special needs programs.
3. Familiar with local, State and Federal regulations.
4. Proficient in employee relations, staffing and payroll calculations.
5. Must be able to operate food service equipment.
6. Good judgment, ability to make decisions and direct others.
7. Three years supervisory experience in long term care food service setting.
Education and/or Experience:
Completion of Dietary Manager Program. Three years-supervisory experiences in long term care food service setting.
Ability to follow oral and written instructions in the English language.
Knowledge of arithmetic and units of measurements used in food preparations.
Good judgment, ability to make decisions and direct others.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Certificate of Completion of Dietary Manager Program.
Must be able to stand and walk most of the working day. Must be able to do moderate to heavy lifting. And must also be able to climb stairs.
The work environment is the kitchen. Its characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Institutional kitchen with mechanical food service equipment.
May experience ambient air temperatures up to 80 degrees F and as low as zero degrees F.
Job Type: Full-time
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org