22.214.171.124 LIGHTING AND LIGHTING FIXTURES:
- All areas of the facility, including storerooms, stairways, hallways, and interior and exterior entrances shall be lighted to make the area clearly visible.
- Exits, exit-access ways and other areas used at night by residents and staff shall be illuminated by night lights or other continuous lighting.
- Lighting fixtures shall be selected and located to accommodate the needs and activities of the residents, with the comfort and convenience of the residents in mind.
- Lamps and lighting fixtures shall be shaded to prevent glare to the eyes of residents and staff, and protected from accidental breakage or shattering.
- Facilities with four (4) or more residents shall have emergency lighting to light exit passageways and the exterior area near the exits that activates automatically upon disruption of electrical service.
- Facilities with three (3) or fewer residents shall have a flashlight that is immediately available for use in lieu of electrically interconnected emergency lighting.
[126.96.36.199 NMAC – Rp, 188.8.131.52 NMAC, 1/15/2010]