126.96.36.199 REPORTING OF INCIDENTS:
- The facility shall insure that all suspected cases or known incidents of resident abuse, neglect or exploitation are reported in accordance with 7.1.13 NMAC.
(1) The facility shall also report any incident or unusual occurrence which has or could threaten the health, safety, or welfare of the residents and staff to the licensing authority complaint hotline within twenty-four (24) hours or by the next business day, if it is a weekend or a holiday.
(2) The facility shall not delay a report to the complaint hotline while an internal investigation is conducted.
- The facility is responsible for conducting and documenting the investigation of all incidents within five (5) business days and shall submit a copy of the investigation report to the licensing authority. A copy of the report and the documentation, including the date and time that it was submitted to the licensing authority, shall be maintained on file at the facility. The investigation shall include the following:
(1) a narrative description of the incident;
(2) the result of the facility’s investigation shall be recorded on the state approved incident report form for the current year, pursuant to 7.1.13 NMAC; and
(3) plans for further actions in response to the incident.
[188.8.131.52 NMAC – Rp, 184.108.40.206 NMAC, 1/15/2010]