Title Physical Plant – Safe Living Environ/Other
Statute or Rule 58A-5.023(3) FAC
(3) OTHER REQUIREMENTS. (a) All facilities must: 1. Provide a safe living environment pursuant to Section 429.28(1)(a), F.S.;
2. Be maintained free of hazards; and
3. Ensure that all existing architectural, mechanical, electrical and structural systems and appurtenances are maintained in good working order.
(b) Pursuant to Section 429.27, F.S., residents must be given the option of using their own belongings as space permits. When the facility supplies the furnishings, each resident bedroom or sleeping area must have at least the following furnishings:
1. A clean, comfortable bed with a mattress no less than 36 inches wide and 72 inches long, with the top surface of the mattress at a comfortable height to ensure easy access by the resident;
2. A closet or wardrobe space for hanging clothes;
3. A dresser, chest or other furniture designed for storage of clothing or personal effects;
4. A table or nightstand, bedside lamp or floor lamp, and wastebasket; and
5. A comfortable chair, if requested.
(c) The facility must maintain master or duplicate keys to resident bedrooms to be used in the event of an emergency.
(d) Residents who use portable bedside commodes must be provided with privacy during use.
(e) Facilities must make available linens and personal laundry services for residents who require such services. Linens provided by a facility must be free of tears, stains and must not be threadbare