Title Records – Staff
Statute or Rule 429.275(2) FS; 58A-5.024(2) FAC
(2) The administrator or owner of a facility shall maintain personnel records for each staff member which contain, at a minimum, documentation of background screening, if applicable, documentation of compliance with all training requirements of this part or applicable rule, and a copy of all licenses or certification held by each staff who performs services for which licensure or certification is required under this part or rule.
(2) STAFF RECORDS. (a) Personnel records for each staff member must contain, at a minimum, a copy of the employment application, with references furnished, and documentation verifying freedom from signs or symptoms of communicable disease. In addition, records must contain the following, as applicable:
1. Documentation of compliance with all staff training and continuing education required by Rule 58A-5.0191, F.A.C.;
2. Copies of all licenses or certifications for all staff providing services that require licensing or certification;
3. Documentation of compliance with level 2 background screening for all staff subject to screening requirements as specified in Section 429.174, F.S., and Rule 58A-5.019, F.A.C.;
4. For facilities with a licensed capacity of 17 or more residents, a copy of the job description given to each staff member pursuant to Rule 58A-5.019, F.A.C.;
5. Documentation verifying direct care staff and administrator participation in resident elopement drills pursuant to paragraph 58A-5.0182(8)(c), F.A.C.
(b) The facility is not required to maintain personnel records for staff provided by a licensed staffing agency or staff employed by an entity contracting to provide direct or indirect services to residents and the facility. However, the facility must maintain a copy of the contract between the facility and the staffing agency or contractor as described in Rule 58A-5.019, F.A.C
(c) The facility must maintain the written work schedules and staff timesheets for the most current 6 months as required by Rule 58A-5.019, F.A.C.