NAC 449.199 Staffing requirements; limitation on number of residents; written schedule for each shift; direct supervision of certain employees. (NRS 449.0302)
1. The administrator of a residential facility shall ensure that a sufficient number of caregivers are present at the facility to conduct activities and provide care and protective supervision for the residents. There must be at least one caregiver on the premises of the facility if one or more residents are present at the facility.
2. Except as otherwise provided in NAC 449.2756, the administrator of a residential facility which has more than 20 residents shall ensure that at least one employee is awake and on duty at the facility at all times. An additional employee must be available to provide care within 10 minutes after being informed that his or her services are needed.
3. A residential facility must not accept residents in excess of the number of residents specified on the license issued to the owner of the facility.
4. The administrator of a residential facility shall maintain monthly a written schedule that includes the number and type of members of the staff of the facility assigned for each shift. The schedule must be amended if any changes are made to the schedule. The schedule must be retained for at least 6 months after the schedule expires.
5. An employee of a residential facility who is less than 18 years of age must be under the direct supervision of an employee who is 18 years of age or older.