18.104.22.168 TRANSPORTATION: The facility shall either provide transportation or assist the resident in using public transportation.
- The facility’s motor vehicle transportation assistance program shall include the following elements:
(1) resident evaluation;
(2) staff training in hazardous driving conditions;
(3) safe passenger transport and assistance;
(4) emergency procedures and use of equipment;
(5) supervised practice in the safe operation of motor vehicles, maintenance and safety record keeping; and
(6) copies of employee training certificates that give evidence of successful completion of any applicable course(s) shall be kept on site in the employee files.
- To assist residents in using public transportation, the facility shall provide information on bus schedules, location of bus stops and telephone numbers of taxi cab companies.
[22.214.171.124 NMAC – Rp, 126.96.36.199 NMAC, 1/15/2010]